105 N. Front Street  |  Cotulla, Texas 78014, USA

 Designed in an Art-Moderne style with Art Deco details, it was built with brick and concrete with ceramic and terra cotta ornamentation. It was designed by Henry Truman Phelps and it was the last Texas courthouse he designed before his death in 1944. The four story building (including a rooftop jail that is no longer used) is surrounded with pilasters that are crowned with stylized stone capitals. An ornamented stringcourse surrounds the rooftop and the spandrels are emblazoned with the initials of the county. A gilded terra cotta eagle with spreading wings is perched over each entrance. 

 

La Salle County Court House
Erected A.D. 1931
 
Judge: G.A. Welhausen
 

County Commissioners

• H.C. Guinn
• S.A. James
• J.W. Martin
 
Architect: Henry T. Phelps
 
Contractors: Southwestern Construction Co.
 
 
 

La Salle County Courthouse Restoration
Major Funding Provided by the Texas Historic Courthouse Preservation Program
of the Texas Historical Commission
2013
 
County Judge: Joel Rodriguez
 

County Commissioners:

Commissioner Pct#1
• Chris Hinojosa IV
• Chris Hinojosa III
• Raymond A. Landrum
 
Commissioner Pct#2
• Ricardo Aldaco Garza
• Maria Teresa Adams
• Roberto F. Aldaco
 
Commissioner Pct#3
• Rene Benavidez
• Jose Jimenez
 
 
Commissioner Pct#4
• Raul Ayala Sr.
• Domingo Martinez